Cyanotype experiments part II


This is my second attempt at cyanotyping on cuttlefish bone.  Taking on board the learnings from last time I improved the lighting so I could see better, and applied the solution more thoroughly and all over the bone.  I also let them dry before bagging them.  Interestingly they still turned a grey colour so either the bone is reacting with the chemicals or the dim lighting is semi developing them.  I exposed in direct sunlight again, but taped the acetate down so it didn't get blown away and left it outside for longer.  Its worked much better, with a great depth of blue and a clearer image on both.  There's some areas of yellow i can't seem to rinse out which i'm concerned might continue to develop.  Also the bones I developed a couple for weeks ago are starting to fade so need to consider this.  Am thinking of waxing or varnishing to get a different texture and try and protect the print.  Now i've got the technique sorted i'm going to start exploring new images including shrimp (fav food of CF) crabs (hypnotized) and inks patterns

Comments

Popular Posts