cuttlefish cyanoype results I

 This is the bone that had the baby cuttlefish acetate on it, exposed for 25 mins.  Unfortunately the image hasn't really come through on the print, but the longer exposure has created a beautiful dark blue colour, and it looks a little like a fish fossil which is interesting.  The contours of the bone and the blue also make quite a striking effect.
 The one on the right is the cuttlefish eye.  It only developed for 10 mins, and I think it might have benefited from longerexposure, but the W is very clear, even if the fainter markings haven;t really shown.  I think a version of this where the whole bone had the solution applied to it and it had a longer exposure might create a better effect.
This is the control bone, which had no image overlayed.  I also applied less solution to this so it has a drier effect.  Again it looks a little like a fossil, or even a feather but is missing the intesity of the blue.   I think there might be more I can explore with using the solution as a way of painting.

Comments

Popular Posts