The Mimic Octopus - Photoshop experiments

This is two frames of the Mimic octopus swimming away that have been layered on top of one another and turned in to a black and white image.  I like the effect of the layering as it provides a sense of movement, or the feel of an echo.

I wonder if the top left is too dark?  I like the pinhole effect it gives the overall composition, but would it work better if this was more uniformly in all corners? 



Here I inverted the black and white but only used a single image. I like the effect of the dark sun shape behind the glowing cephalopod form.  However i'm not sure about the negative effect on the octopus itself, it looks quite fake, like its been photoshopped on to the shot.  

I've used the blur tool to remove some of the pixelation. It has left some odd marks still, but they look random now and more interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts