Octopus monoprint experiments II

Next I added some watercolor to the chopping board (see middle image) and spattered water across it.  I actually quite like some of the effects I could achieve just on this surface, as the water interacted with the ink to create the impression of bubbles.  The third image is the first print I took off this.  There was no drawing, on top of the paper, just a direct lift from the board.  

As you can see the effect is interesting but not discernibly an octopus.  The second print I took (top images), I also made  some marks on the back of the paper which helped me bring out the form, while retaining some of the lovely random paint and watermarks.  I think drier prints definitely work better for this.    





I also need to consider taking measurements, as it was tricky to know where the eye was on the board when I added marks by pen.

Comments

Popular Posts