Monoprint experiments III

 This time I added some line marks to the chopping board, as well as more paint and more white for the eyes.  I definitely think I can explore more using a polished, hard surface as it has some really interesting effects.  The addition of line marks as well as paint also works.


 I use watercolor paper for the first print, which I moistened first and unfortunately this didn't really work as it just made a wet mess and lost all of the detail.  There's some interesting watery effects, but this is clearly not the way to go.

I took a second print off the remaining marks on the board which by this point is extremely abstract and not very much like an octopus.  I find both images quite interesting, the board for the residual paint marks and the combination of red and blue contrasts.  The paper only picked up the blue marks which is a shame, but the dots of colour (which i assume is the printing ink interacting with the water) are a nice effect and might be worth investigating further.

Comments

Popular Posts