Inky II

Although I loved the effect of the watercolour paper, I did lose some of the detail of the drawing.  This is a second attempt at the same drawing using normal cartridge paper.  After I had done the initial print I did a wash over the background and drew in the front tentacle with just water.  Although its a little slapdash, i really like the end result.  The textured feel of the octopuses skin, the contrast of the black background against this and the differing styles of tentacle are really interesting.
This was a second attempt using a similar technique.  The drawing is of a fish and an octopus that hunt together, which I saw on Blue Blanet II.  I love the story, and there's some great shots of the two of them together.  I know i'm anthropomorphizing this but it felt like they were friends and I wanted to capture that. In the shot the octopus is disguised as a coral and so loses some of its easily recognisable features, making it much harder to draw.  As a result I don't think the composition has worked and the octopus needs more detailing of the incredibly textured body, which hasn't come through on te print.  I think the paint may have been too dry by that point to easily pick up.

Comments

Popular Posts